Sep 30, 2010
Lovell began as a Post office on May 22, 1889 while unassigned lands were opened for settlement. It’s original name Perth, was changed in 1906 to honor that man who settled and developed the town site, James W. Lovell. Perth, soon to be Lovell, became an agricultural trade center upon completion of a railroad route connecting Guthrie to Enid in 1902,...
|Location Class: •School|