It is currently Sat Jul 20th, 2019 am31 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Old schools in Osage and Pawnee Counties
PostPosted: Tue Jan 3rd, 2012 pm31 2:39 pm 

I ran across the Enterprise North School that you posted above. I was out doing a ghost town tour in 2010 via motorcycle. I had just visited Blackburn and was heading north to Hwy. 20. I was looking through my pic's today and I noticed that I had stopped at that school. I remember it was late in the day and I had a long way yet to go so I only took a single shot from the road.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26th, 2014 pm31 1:05 pm 

[quote="dwtaylor999"]This is the remnants of the old Woodland school in Osage county and is located in the Sunny Slope area. Its just a few miles wst of the Middle Enterprise school.
When Fairfax and Ralston consolidated their school districts several years back, this was the namesake that was selected for the new district.

Built of stone and brick, it still hasn't stood the test of time. It appears to have been partially built into the hillside, with a well/cistern at the rear, with stone for the main structure and brick pillars in the front.

It's located some distance from the existing road, which seems unusual, but the road may well have changed its course through the years.

.[/quote]

We happened on to this post about the Woodland School in Osage County. My father attended that school, thus peaking our interest. My Mom says that the Woodland School in Osage County was located not in the Sunny Slope area, but in the Big Bend community approximately 10 miles west of Ralston. There is a home built currently on that location. The original Woodland School was located further west of the final location. Most long-time residents of the Big Bend Community would be able to give exact directions. It is believed that there may be a foundation left on the original site.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16th, 2015 pm31 3:43 pm 

The walls are still standing at Enterprise North. We went by yesterday while out for a ride.

This is how we roll: