It is currently Fri Aug 1st, 2014 pm31 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Last house, near Madill, ok in Randolph Bottom
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21st, 2010 pm30 10:34 pm 

So, my dad and I were looking for the old Randolph Bottom school and came across this house we had never noticed before. We never did find the old school, it's very overgrown so we are going back in the winter.

Post subject: Re: Last house, near Madill, ok in Randolph Bottom
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22nd, 2010 am30 7:21 am 

Well, you've been busy haha. I dont know if its the colors, contrast, or lighting, but your shots have a unique look to them, almost an eerie look, I like it!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22nd, 2010 pm30 3:38 pm 

I was very busy! lol

It's a combo of the light and a small amount of tweaking in Photoshop. 2 of my friends said the pic of the garment hanging in the closest in one of these posts, lol, creeped them out. Which I can see why.

I'm so looking forward to the meetup Sunday and going to some other places. I haven't been in any other building besides these houses. I do know of an abandoned warehouse in Madill that I'm going to try to get into next time I'm at my parents.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23rd, 2010 am30 5:50 am 

love the last shot of those Jars!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23rd, 2010 pm30 4:52 pm 

thanks! this is a new type of photography for me, i'm a portrait photographer so taking pics of inanimate objects that aren't bouncing off the walls without studio lights is different for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 5th, 2010 pm31 12:20 pm 

Something about this house has been screaming Evil Dead 2 at me, specifically the first exposure. Nevertheless I like this set a lot and it doesn’t look like you had to do a whole lot of editing. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 5th, 2010 pm31 2:18 pm 

Thanks, and no I don't do a lot of editing. I have discovered that for me, the look I like, I underexpose images where there is a huge range of lighting conditions. Then I can bring up the shadow's just a bit in PS and it is perfect for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 5th, 2010 pm31 8:27 pm 

Well it really works for you. That last picture of the jars is one that I would so hang on my wall. I'm starting to get into HDR photography...well as soon as my software arives and I bet you could do a lot with it yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 6th, 2010 pm31 5:17 pm 

I've played with HDR a bit and sometimes I like it, some of the images in the Texomaland Park thread are HDR. For this type of setting though I don't care for it. I actually have way more control if I change settings myself in PS. Sometimes I combine more than one image together to make it HDR but way more real looking. Kind of hard to explain though. lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 7th, 2011 pm31 2:16 pm 

I have been interested in Randolph Bottom. I have heard many stories about what has supposedly happened there and even that it is haunted. I believe the haunted part because I experienced some things there a couple times. I just want to know if anyone has ever found the school and what it looks like. Me & a friend of mine have been planning a "trip" there, anyone who wants to go , message me or something n i'll give ya my # (serious people only) I want to make a day trip out of it to, like go there early in the day so, we'll have time to look around n actually see whats there. Then go back at night one time & see what happens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 7th, 2011 pm31 4:31 pm 

I've been there a ton when I was a kid and a teenager since I grew up around there. My family and I would go out there and shoot guns, go 4wheeling and then I partied out there in high school. I never experienced any type of hauntings or apparitions at all or heard any stories about it either. It is super creepy at night tho. I have a pic I can post, as soon as I find it, of me and my lil brother standing on it. When my Dad and I went out there last year we couldn't find it. The road is practically nonexistant now and the brush and foliage kept us from seeing. I meant to go back out there but haven't yet. When I go to my Dad's next I will go back out there. Message me and maybe we can meet there or something. Also, I would love to hear what stories you have heard about it. I have a small amount of historical info on it too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 8th, 2011 pm31 12:07 pm 

Ok, sounds good. :) Me & a friend of mine drove out there last week in the daylight & we went on jagger road to get there, the road turns into somewhat of a trail type. I drove my car as far as I could down it. We started getting a bit creeped out so, we left. lol. we went out there kind of late in the day though, so we wouldn't have got to stay long anyways. I think some of the stories I heard are made up, some of these people like to think up something n try to make it true,lol. but,none the less I still think its "haunted" I want to take my cell down in there so, I can take pictures to prove to some people that that house n HOPEFULLY the school is somewhere there. I've read some of the history on this, but I think there is more to it, I cant bring up anymore though. :|

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2012 am31 1:11 am 

For those who are still interested in in this I have been there many times I've grew up in Madill ok. I have pics and will give directions. I have heard that there was also a bank but I'm not certain on how true that is. and if any body ever comes across a huge rock with several names carved in it please let me know My great grand pa owned a big part of randolph and and my family has carved our names in it when was very young and it would mean alot to find it.
sorry for picture quality they were taken via I phone.
pics:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/img0145yg.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/img0143zb.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/411/img0140ty.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/img0137cg.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/img0137cg.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/img0136pq.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/img0136pq.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/img0135bm.jpg/

Directions: (Requires Walking unless you have a 4x4 also some parts of there route is muddy)
leaving Madill head North on 199/177 for about a mile and half way threw the first curve on your right or east will be Pettijohn Sprins road follow it for about another mile and turn right on Jaggers road go about 1 mile and turn left on Randolph bottom road follow it and cross 2 creek crossings and and there will be a circular turn around point that people have used as a dump you can park there or go a little further and park at then first bridge. (unless you have a 4x4 it is recomended that you walk) pic below
1. First bridge
Circular turn point
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/10377929.jpg/
keep following the trail/road for a mile/mile 1/2 until you reach some piped gates a couple hundred feet and there will be a washed out dirt trail/road on the right that leads to a field and back in the north east corner of the field is the school house and the dirt trail leads right to it
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/97354147.png/
1. Is the school

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11th, 2012 pm31 7:44 pm 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS,Came close many times to that school now that I think back to when I was going all the time............ I hope to be visiting there again soon, and definitely will check it out!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 9th, 2013 pm30 12:51 pm 

I FINALLY found the school :D Me and my boyfriend went out there yesterday and found it. I took 172 pictures, and I must say that I got numerous pictures of hundreds of ghosts. We didn't have enough time to go find the house or anything else, but next time we are able we will go explore more and take more pictures. IF anybody is interested in the pictures I took yesterday 11-08-2013 feel free to find me on facebook, just search Rachel Burk. make sure you send me a message to let me know that is why you are adding me. I will post more after the next time we go down in there.