It is currently Sat Jul 20th, 2019 am31 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Oklahoma City Tunnels....
PostPosted: Mon Aug 3rd, 2015 am31 7:23 am 

Daydreamer wrote:
I've spent months... Yes months

I've spent years... It's information that is just as hidden as the tunnels themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 4th, 2015 pm31 12:37 pm 

Somthing like this!

Attachments:
Overlay3.jpg
Overlay3.jpg [ 130.36 KiB | Viewed 7385 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11th, 2015 pm30 6:05 pm 

Daydreamer,

I went down in the okc storm tunnels this summer (2015). They were doing construction on the East side of Bricktown. The entrance I went in was the construction site in the middle of Sheridan and Joe Carter Ave. The construction crews had a GIANT hole open while they were working in there. I think they were replacing East Sheridan, and the tunnels underneath it, in order to have a nicer path to Pricktown from 235N.

Anyway, I went down there and walked around on a few different occasions. At first I had that skin crawling tunnel feel that you get on your first time in there. You feel so out of place. Your brain soaks up as much information as it can. You're hyper alert and it feels awesome. I kept walking west underneath the mini police station there. You get to a big room with another channel with quite a bit of water passing through it. This was early June-ish and it had rained a lot a few days prior. I would like to check it out when it was dry for a week or two... wear shoes you are okay throwing away just in case.

The main tunnel I was walking in looked like it was in pretty good shape. Not worn, but definitely not brand new. The other tunnel with water in it was old and didn't look like it was the best. It was shaped kind of like a hot hair balloon. Meaning, if you looked down the tunnel and there was no water in there, it would be rounded and larger at the top while tapering down on the wet ground you would walk in. I supposed you could put both feet on either side of the wall and pin yourself in between. That would be exhausting and you would probably fall. I did lol. At this point, I turned around and left the tunnel. I did want to come back and see what was east of the entrance point, so I came back the following weekend.

This time I brought a friend with a big flashlight. That same tingly excitement feeling wasn't there this time. We went west and this time the tunnel was new, rectangular, and wide. There were two tunnels that ran parallel to each other until I got to the southbound tunnel. These two parallel ones could hold a ton of water. Much improved over the balloon shaped kind. Which, did in fact join up to the southbound tunnel. I can only assume that these tunnels went directly to the Oklahoma River because we decided to turn around. There was a significant amount of water moving through there. It would have made walking in it challenging.

I would encourage you to find (or make) an entrance. The location I described is closed - I just drove over it. I've seen some more construction sites around town. Maybe drive around looking for one around highway 235 in between NE 1st and 13th?? Not really sure. Close to the construction site they will have these 6 ft rectangular concrete sections. They look like tunnel legos. Look for them :)

PostPosted: Thu May 11th, 2017 am31 3:00 am 

Nothing like striking up an old thread again! & so I have new details on the whereabouts of these entrances to the tunnels. There is allegedly 1 by crossroad mall by the trainyard, 1 in the turner falls area, 1 in the tulsa downtown area, & one in okc downtown. Mind you the trainyard and the turner falls area would probably be the easier of the 4 to get into, however they would be the more difficult to find, & the downtown ones would be prob easy to find, but if there are people who don't want you in yhere (like I'm pretty sure there probably is) then your probably not getting through. I've also heard since my last post of people who used to work on said tunnels when they were first being built... anyone else know anything about the "path to dreamland and dulce"?

PostPosted: Fri May 12th, 2017 am31 7:19 am 

Daydreamer wrote:
Nothing like striking up an old thread again!

The moderators have abandoned (a bit of irony) the site to the spammers. I keep checking in, hoping they'll clean it up and revive it. I hate to see it go.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 1st, 2017 am31 4:21 am 

Tell me about it... ever since I've heard of such tunnels I barely get sleep, I have 2 words for everyone who still even reads this, falloup shelterz. Specifically once built around the 50's these aligned with tunnels should show us what we need to know. Anyone on here have any idea what downtown areas have non filled in falloup stelterz?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26th, 2018 pm30 8:01 pm 

Can you send me more info on the hi-lo club please?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26th, 2018 pm30 8:02 pm 

the tunnels are a myth