It is currently Sat Jul 20th, 2019 am31 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Happy Valley School
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10th, 2010 pm31 8:41 pm 

In plain site in the Cushing area is this school. Let me start off by saying the good news, its in no immediate danger of being torn down (a sigh of relief). The bad news is why. I went there over the weekend to check it out. I had found out the owner (I can only assume its the guy living in the house right next to the school) apparently bought it for 10 grand. So, I decided to knock on the door and see if I could get permission to go inside ( a rare thing for me, but it could have ended badly for me to be tresspassing on some red necks property). No answer at the door, guess he wasnt home, so I decided to go on and find a way in. It was locked up farily good, but I could have found a way in if I had really wanted to, but I got greatly discouraged by two things I found. 1. Part of the floors in the building had collapsed due to water damage. 2. This dumb shit redneck had all his stuff (lawnmowers, ladders, cars, typical white trash stuff) inside the place, completely cluttering it and ruining any possible halfway decent photos I would have taken. It frustated me so much that I just left. But atleast the exterior is in really good shape, minus part of the roof.

Stuck my camera through a hole and took this pic

Post subject: Re: Happy Valley School
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10th, 2010 pm31 9:02 pm 

Wow man, this place looks pretty wicked. I can't believe some redneck would buy it then clutter it up with junk. :x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10th, 2010 pm31 10:15 pm 

OH MAN THATS AN AMAZING LOOKING SCHOOL TOO BAD ABOUT THE WATER DAMAGE.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11th, 2010 pm31 4:42 pm 

Wow incredible!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12th, 2010 pm31 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

Nice!

------------------------------

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15th, 2010 am31 3:37 am 

I have been inside Happy Valley School and at the time I went back in 2000 most of the floors were still intact. My boyfriend at the time lived a few houses down from the school and we decided to sneak in and look around. We went in through a window and we were kids at the time so we really didn't think about trespassing we just wanted to look around. Anyways there were still school desks and books inside and just scattered about. You could also enter the gymnasium through the main building and the gym floor was still intact except for in one spot. There were basketballs on the floors and a stage with costumes. It must have been a really nice school in its day because it really is a beautiful school inside and out. I wish the owner would take care of it a little better instead of letting it rot away. He had a few motorcycles parked inside when we were there. What is really cool is my 80 year old grandpa told us a few weeks ago about going to a school called Happy Valley near Cushing when he was little and he wished he could find where it was and see it again. I was like, "I know exactly where it is!" So he got to go see it. I would love for abandoned ok to explore this school and would be excited to see the pics.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17th, 2010 pm30 4:02 pm 

Hey thanks for the little history there. Though there isnt much to "explore", since most of the school is full of junk. And the floor in the south wing of the school has colapsed into the basement.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18th, 2010 am30 9:02 am 

mocody wrote:
I have been inside Happy Valley School and at the time I went back in 2000 most of the floors were still intact. My boyfriend at the time lived a few houses down from the school and we decided to sneak in and look around. We went in through a window and we were kids at the time so we really didn't think about trespassing we just wanted to look around. Anyways there were still school desks and books inside and just scattered about. You could also enter the gymnasium through the main building and the gym floor was still intact except for in one spot. There were basketballs on the floors and a stage with costumes. It must have been a really nice school in its day because it really is a beautiful school inside and out. I wish the owner would take care of it a little better instead of letting it rot away. He had a few motorcycles parked inside when we were there. What is really cool is my 80 year old grandpa told us a few weeks ago about going to a school called Happy Valley near Cushing when he was little and he wished he could find where it was and see it again. I was like, "I know exactly where it is!" So he got to go see it. I would love for abandoned ok to explore this school and would be excited to see the pics.

I agree this sould be a feature post! Fiend has this problem of posting great pics in the forum insetad of making a great feature post out of it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10th, 2019 am30 1:36 am 

good wall, bad roof