It is currently Thu Oct 18th, 2018 am31 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Incorrect Information
PostPosted: Wed Oct 7th, 2015 pm31 4:17 pm 

I'm not sure if this site is being maintained still but there is some incorrect information about Evans Cushing site in Cushing. It was certainly not shut down because the "smoke pollution" it caused to the town and school. I found this site today checking out locations I had been to in Oklahoma and found it pretty interesting. Lots of cool history facts about the little towns around me, which I believed to be true. Then I found the Evans Cushing one and the description of it being closed down in 1998 for pollution is so far from the truth.

Long story short, who writes these descriptions and who verifies the information? Just wondering now if all the other information that I read about other towns/sites is even correct. If a moderator could give a reply that would be great.

Post subject: Re: Incorrect Information
PostPosted: Thu Oct 8th, 2015 pm31 12:46 pm 

I can't vouche for that location. I can say any locations I researched are as accurate as possible. However like anything else on the internet, take it with a grain of salt. This site is for informational purposes only and effort was made to make sure descriptions were correct.

If you're worried other information may be false, you might as well turn your computer off.

Post subject: Re: Incorrect Information
PostPosted: Fri Oct 9th, 2015 pm31 12:14 pm 

Or post up what you believe to be the correct information. Especially if you have first-hand or local knowledge. I think we all want the most accurate descriptions.