It is currently Mon Jul 22nd, 2019 pm31 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More in Moore?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 6th, 2010 pm31 10:31 pm 

I have found one place in Moore that I plan to check out, but that is all I have really come across. Has anyone run into or know of anything in the Moore area?

Post subject: Re: More in Moore?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20th, 2010 am31 8:53 am 

driven by it, never been though

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30th, 2010 am31 1:03 am 

I know of one house off of Santa Fe in Moore that is falling down, but I don't know whether or not it's private property. Most of the houses in Moore are in decent condition. The old school in downtown Moore isn't abandoned (the top floor is used for offices) but it does have a creepy as heck auditorium and is rumored to be haunted.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30th, 2010 pm31 3:02 pm 

What'd you find in Moore?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30th, 2010 pm31 3:36 pm 

You've got em commin outta the wood work Billy lol. I havent devoted much time to searching in the Moore area, but didnt find much whenever I looked. Maybe since there is some recent interest, I'll take a second look.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31st, 2010 am31 12:10 am 

If I'm remembering correctly, the old school has a tunnel as well. The first school built was a one room school house, but it burned down. Then they built another one; it burned down. Finally the one standing is the last one built. The bathrooms are pretty eerie. They haven't changed much over the years...But I haven't been in for....5 years? So it could be different now.

Moore would have a lot more (ha) historical stuff if it weren't for the tornadoes and the recent growth of...everything. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31st, 2010 am31 12:13 am 

I told you! I am trying to get more involved and to come out with the info! I am going to take another look myself. I have the next two days off. I an going to do what I can on here and if nothing else.. I will drive around a bit Thursday and see what I can find with the naked eye. If you run across anything else, let me know! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31st, 2010 am31 12:14 am 

tachibana-rin wrote:
If I'm remembering correctly, the old school has a tunnel as well. The first school built was a one room school house, but it burned down. Then they built another one; it burned down. Finally the one standing is the last one built. The bathrooms are pretty eerie. They haven't changed much over the years...But I haven't been in for....5 years? So it could be different now.

Moore would have a lot more (ha) historical stuff if it weren't for the tornadoes and the recent growth of...everything. ;)

Arg I know! Stupid tornado alley!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31st, 2010 am31 1:46 am 

Hey now tornado alley happens to be the one main reason I moved here, I have a friend who lives in Moore, I will call and see what I can find out for you!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31st, 2010 pm31 3:15 pm 

FindTheTornado wrote:
Hey now tornado alley happens to be the one main reason I moved here, I have a friend who lives in Moore, I will call and see what I can find out for you!

Heh. I was only joking! Oh really? That'd be neat! I would appericate it! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28th, 2010 pm30 3:16 pm 

I'm new to this forum. I've recently taken some interest in haunted places. This is a nice site, but doesn't seem to be very active. I live outside the Moore area, near Draper lake. There is an old church on 149th and post rd. It had been vacant for a number of years. Most recently it was a swap meet kind of place; however it now appears to be a church again. It's in an interesting spot. The bridge that is directly across from it used to be curved. Supposedly there were several accidents there years ago before they straightened it. I was just curious if anyone knew anything about the church and that area. That area has an eerie feel to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28th, 2010 pm30 4:58 pm 

Welcome to the Forum! Oh we are very active! most of our members never have anything to say I guess. Fiend, Billy! & I are on here everyday. We can answer most any question. Billy! & a few others live in the OKC area & can probably answer yer question about that bridge.
You are most welcome to post yer pics here! We would like to see some!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29th, 2010 pm30 3:20 pm 

phantom wrote:
I'm new to this forum. I've recently taken some interest in haunted places. This is a nice site, but doesn't seem to be very active. I live outside the Moore area, near Draper lake. There is an old church on 149th and post rd. It had been vacant for a number of years. Most recently it was a swap meet kind of place; however it now appears to be a church again. It's in an interesting spot. The bridge that is directly across from it used to be curved. Supposedly there were several accidents there years ago before they straightened it. I was just curious if anyone knew anything about the church and that area. That area has an eerie feel to it.

Back in 1996 some friends and I checked out that church on a rumor that Satanist of the Hill-Billy influence used it for their activities. At that time we were investigating a ten mile radius based on similar things being said. The church showed no evidence of anything like that going on though. We snooped around a lot before concluding that in the long run, the church was a rotting shack filled with old bibles some of which were floating in a semi flooded cellar area.
When we exited the church we caught a faint whiff of some putrid disgust. The smell led us to the bridge nearby and then eventually underneath it. Our flash lights were pretty weak outside the church, so at first it looked like there was just a bunch of junk all over the place. We saw an old car turned over, a broken TV, some garbage bags and then finally a moderate pile of animal carcasses that looked like it had been slowly falling down the slope to the creek. It became clear to us that in amongst all that garbage were dozens of animals in various stages of decomposition. Some were in torn up garbage bags while others were in pieces scattered all over the scene. Still, not really a clear sign of satanic involvement but interesting none the less.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20th, 2010 pm31 11:56 pm 

Huh, thats pretty interesting. I might take a trip down there sometime.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19th, 2011 pm31 9:46 pm 

new to the forums hehe, i live out in the moore area and got hit with the adventure/haunted bug, so if anyone has any info thatd be awesome :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19th, 2011 pm31 10:48 pm 

xOGx Boogieman wrote:
new to the forums hehe, i live out in the moore area and got hit with the adventure/haunted bug, so if anyone has any info thatd be awesome :D

Welcome!!! It's a tough bug, of which there is no cure. Though I should warn you (constructive criticism here), you shouldnt jump right out asking for info. Locations and info are prized and hard to come by, I suggest you butter up Billy (who is in the Moore area) before you ask for info ;) . He takes food and alcohol as payment/gifts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19th, 2011 pm31 10:51 pm 

haha alright, ive been doing some scrounging but the only places i can find are usually under surveilance or 2-3 hrs away :/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19th, 2011 pm31 11:06 pm 

xOGx Boogieman wrote:
haha alright, ive been doing some scrounging but the only places i can find are usually under surveilance or 2-3 hrs away :/

Thats a start man, shows incentive. That'll get you places round here ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19th, 2011 pm31 11:14 pm 

haha awesome, ive got until next monday off so im trying to have an "eventful" vacation 8-) (back of the cop car hopefully not included)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21st, 2012 pm31 6:35 pm 

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've been on this site. I am getting ready to take a weeks vacation next month and I am really interested in visiting Old Moore High School. Anyone have any other places they have found interesting in Moore?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21st, 2012 pm31 8:32 pm 

not my neck of the woods or i'd help ya out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22nd, 2012 pm31 9:02 pm 

the old high school is used and is full of businesses! just an fyi.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28th, 2014 pm30 5:14 pm 

I realize this thread is long dead, but I figured as I grew up in Moore I would offer my insight.

There are very few old structures left that haven't been level by tornadoes or remodeled and turned into something else.

Possibly some old houses/farm buildings on the outskirts, but even those big tracts have been taken over by modern developments. Not much historical preservation going on around those parts.

FWIW.