It is currently Mon May 21st, 2018 pm31 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The best abandoned places in OK to explore?!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23rd, 2016 pm31 1:56 pm 

Hi, I am wanting to know the best abandoned places to visit here in Oklahoma. Towns with abandoned houses, schools, hospitals, etc that are not private property and that I can be able to enter. I have never explored places before but it's exciting to me the idea of exploring lonely buildings and towns that were once alive. I would love to find treasure's in these buildings that were left, and waiting for the right person to come along and find them! Anyone reading this that has been exploring for years, are most of the empty house's and other buildings you go to boarded up? If so is the door usually not there or ajar for you to be able to enter? Any tips and advice for a new explorer would be great.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: The best abandoned places in OK to explore?!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25th, 2016 am31 7:20 am 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_g ... n_Oklahoma

Pick one nearby and start exploring.

Post subject: Re: The best abandoned places in OK to explore?!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28th, 2016 pm31 2:31 pm 

If you don't have Google Earth Pro (now free), start by downloading that. Google maps or MyMaps also work, but you lose some cool features. I usually use these two when I'm on a mobile device. You can find a wealth of information this way, especially if you start by following the railroad tracks through whatever town you're interested in finding locations. It takes some diligence but I promise you'll eventually find some really good spots if you do that. You'll get better at finding them too.
Lastly, some friendly advice: most people in these communities frown upon people asking for locations, or "hand-outs." You will have a hard time making friends this way. Start by contributing, earning others' trust, and ask for specifics in a private message, if at all. If you stick with this hobby long enough, you'll see why this is the way it is.
Happy hunting!