Thomas A Edison School
Thomas A Edison school was built in the early 1950’s. There isn’t much notable to mention about this place. It is a standard Oklahoma City public school design of this time period. Large classrooms with sloping ceilings that open to shared courtyards. Very narrow hallways connect the classroms to central areas that inculde the restrooms, offices and a mulit-purpose auditorium, cafeteria, and gymnasium. Edison served as many schools did as a polio vacination center. It closed in the early 1970’s due to low enrollment and as part of the city’s de-segregation plan as well as one of many consolidation plans. Edison now sits on the site of the Oklahoma City Public Schools Transportation center, and serves as storage for some lesser than needed unuseable shool furniture and supplies.